Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 13.4 x 18.4 cm
- Conservation Status
- (Late) IIIrd century/(early) IVth century A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- 27-CS60-G II
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Note Concerning Workers
- Memorandum (in a rather vulgar Greek) which appear to be addressed to two men, to whom an unspecified job of work is allotted for at least two months
- Subject Headings
- Contracts for work and labor--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Wages--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- (To) Harpalos and Pateukis. Phaophi is ours <read: yours>, and Hathyr is ours <read: yours>, and Choiak (also) unless they send out someone else in your place. (To be drawn up?) in duplicate. (State?) the wages of both.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 655 Amundsen L, OMich I, 655, 1935 -- BL III, 265 (l. 5-6); BL VII, 290 (l. 6) BL III, 265 (l. 5-6); BL VII, 290 (l. 6)
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- H.C. Youtie, TAPA 76 (1945) p. 152-154 [= H.C. Youtie, Scriptiunculae I (Amsterdam, 1973) p. 165-167, with addenda, p. 170-171]
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)