Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 6.6 x 5.5 cm
- Conservation Status
- Upper left corner missing; badly faded
- (Early) IVth century A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Unknown tax-collector
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Transport of Grain
- Receipt for transport of grain to Kerke in the name of Heron
- Subject Headings
- Service, Compulsory non-military--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Drovers--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Tax collection--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Land value taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Granaries--Taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Donkeys--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Heron son of Heron(?) (see O.Mich. I, p. 194);
- Aion, onelates
- Karanis; Kerke
- [In the granary] of the village of Karanis, Heron, son of Heron(?), has shifted to the harbor of Kerke, of the crop of year . ., through Aion the donkey-driver, 5 donkeys. Year . . and . ., Phamenoth 16.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 534 Amundsen L, OMich I, 534, 1935 -- L. 3-4: read eis hormou | Kerke, rather than eis hormon Leu|kogiou. (Unpublished note of H.C. Youtie) L. 3-4: read eis hormou | Kerke, rather than eis hormon Leu|kogiou. (Unpublished note of H.C. Youtie)
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)