Background and Physical Properties
- 15.9 x 16.8 cm
- Column I: 9 lines
- Column II: 22 lines
- Conservation Status
- A light-brown papyrus, consisting of three large and two small fragments. All the fragments are unevenly broken off. The preserved fragments are, save for some holes and fading, in good condition. There is an upper margin of 1.5 cm. There is an open space of 1 cm. between receipts 3 and 4/5 and one of 1.5 cm. between receipts 4 and 5.
- Palaeographic Description
- The texts on all fragments run parallel to the fibers. At least six hands are discernible, all of them well-trained. The letters are all extremely large, with the exception of those written by the third hand.
- Department of Special Collections; Memorial Library; Madison; Wisconsin
- 78/79 A.D.
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Tax Receipt (5) for Vine-Land
- The papyrus is a receipt that was in the possession of Lucius Ignatius Fronto Tiberinus and (his wife) Ptolema, daughter of Dionysios. Every time they received a receipt for taxes they had to pay In connection with their vineyard, they had it transferred to a papyrus.
- Subject Headings
- Loukios Ignatios Phronton Tiberinos;
- Ptolema, daughter of Dionysios.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PWisc I Sijpesteijn P.J. 1967 27 Plate X Sijpesteijn P.J., PWisc I, 27, 1967, Plate X
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- Shelton John C., P. Wisc. 27, ZPE 14 (1974) pp. 45-50; Shelton John, A Further Note on P. Wisc. 27; ZPE 18 (1975) p. 288.
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)