Background and Physical Properties
- 16.1 x 15.2 cm
- 11 lines
- Conservation Status
- A light-brown papyrus, consisting of three large and two small fragments. All the fragments are unevenly broken off. The preserved fragments are, save for some holes and fading, in good condition.
- Palaeographic Description
- The texts on all fragments run parallel to the fibers. At least six hands are discernible, all of them well-trained. The letters are all extremely large, with the exception of those written by the third hand. This fragment should come under fragment A because the first three lines are written in the same hand as fragment A. There is an open space of 1.5 cm. between receipt 1 and 2.
- Department of Special Collections; Memorial Library; Madison; Wisconsin
- 78/79 A.D.
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Tax Receipt (5) for Vine-Land
- The papyrus is a receipt that was in the possession of Lucius Ignatius Fronto Tiberinus and (his wife) Ptolema, daughter of Dionysios. Every time they received a receipt for taxes they had to pay I n connection with their vineyard, they had it transferred to a papyrus.
- Subject Headings
- Ptolema, daughter of Dionysios.
- the eleventh year of Imperator Caesar Vespasianus Augustus issued the 30th Tybi, paid the [ . ( . ) Tybi . ] Ptolema, daughter of Dionysios, sitologos, has paid through the medium of Apollonios, sitologos, for the vineyards in Hephaistias for the ninth year two thousand tow hundred and fifty copper drachmas, total 2250 copper drachmas, for naubia one hundred and twenty and twenty copper drachmas, total 1500 copper drachmas.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PWisc I Sijpesteijn P.J. 1967 27 Plate X Sijpesteijn P.J., PWisc I, 27, 1967, Plate X
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- Shelton John C., P. Wisc. 27, ZPE 14 (1974) pp. 45-50; Shelton John, A Further Note on P. Wisc. 27; ZPE 18 (1975) p. 288.
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)