Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 16.1 x 13 cm
- 8 lines
- Conservation Status
- A light-brown papyrus, consisting of three large and two small fragments. All the fragments are unevenly broken off. The preserved fragments are, save for some holes and fading, in good condition. A margin of 3 cm. is left on the left-hand side.
- Palaeographic Description
- The texts on all fragments run parallel to the fibers. At least six hands are discernible, all of them well-trained. The letters are all extremely large, with the exception of those written by the third hand.
- Department of Special Collections; Memorial Library; Madison; Wisconsin
- 78/79 A.D.
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Tax Receipt (5) for Vine-Land
- The papyrus is a receipt that was in the possession of Lucius Ignatius Fronto Tiberinus and (his wife) Ptolema, daughter of Dionysios. Every time they received a receipt for taxes they had to pay In connection with their vineyard, they had it transferred to a papyrus.
- Subject Headings
- Loukios Ignatios Phronton Tiberinos;
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PWisc I Sijpesteijn P.J. 1967 27 Plate X Sijpesteijn P.J., PWisc I, 27, 1967, Plate X ZPE,14 Shelton John C 1974 45-50 Shelton John C, ZPE,14, 45-50, 1974
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- Shelton John, A Further Note on P. Wisc. 27; ZPE 18 (1975) p. 288.
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- 8386 x 5289
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)