Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 16 x 22.8 cm
- 8 lines
- Conservation Status
- The papyrus is light-brown in color. It has been broken off irregularly on all sides. At the left-hand side there is a margin left of 4 cm. (widening to 5 cm. towards the bottom): an upper margin has been left of 1.5 cm. the lines slope upwards to the right. One vertical fold is still visible.
- Palaeographic Description
- The text, which is mutilated in a few places due to the folds and fading, or is difficult to read, runs parallel to the fibers. The document consists of two parts, written in the same hand (thicker pen has been used in the second part and the ink is of a darker color). The hand is clearly well-trained.
- Department of Special Collections; Memorial Library; Madison; Wisconsin
- 42 A.D.
- Provenance Unknown
- The papyrus contains a sum, arranged by a daily order, of artabas of wheat received. In fragment A the bookings are indeed made from day to day, but in columns I and II of fragment B certain days are not represented by entries (because the sitologoi didn’t receive anything on these days?)the question arises whether we are dealing here with a private book-keeping of the sitologoi or with an account sent to the strategus.
- Subject Headings
- Official Account
- Daily order
- Private book-keeping
- Year 2 of Tiberius Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus Imperator, sum of the quantities of corn, paid from the harvest of 1st year, which are: Epeiph 14 in total 120 artabas of wheat, etc.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PWisc I Sijpesteijn P.J. 1967 25 Plate IX Sijpesteijn P.J., PWisc I, 25, 1967, Plate IX
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- 8386 x 5345
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)