Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 9 x 9.5 cm
- Conservation Status
- Palaeographic Description
- See electronic version of OMich I 329
- (Late) IIIrd century A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Kastor & Satabous, dekaprotoi
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Official Letter
- Hurried warning sent by decemprimi to unnamed village officials
- Subject Headings
- Cities and towns--Officials and employees --Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Tax collection--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Land value taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Weights and measures, Ancient.
- Taxpayer compliance--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Draft animals--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Kastor, dekaprotos;
- Satabous, dekaprotos
- From the dekaprotoi Kastor and Satabous. Come at once with the transport charges of the public beasts, 300 artabai(?) uncleaned. If you overlook (this), know the danger for the village.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 329 Pl. VII Amundsen L, OMich I, 329, 1935, Pl. VII TAPA 71 Youtie HC 1940 645-650 Youtie HC, TAPA 71, 645-650, 1940
Information on Publications--Further Republications
- Further Republications
- Rep_editor Youtie HC; Rep_Ser Scriptiunculae I; Rep_Year 1973; p. 85-90 and 103
- Year Begin
- Year End
26433 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)