About this Item
unspecified | summary (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- Archive of Naas, son of Dioskoros
- 7.9 x 9.8 cm
- Conservation Status
- (Late) IIIrd century A.D. (April 30, 285 A.D.[?])
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Unknown tax-collector
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Transport of Grain
- Receipt for transport of grain to an unknown harbor by Naas
- Subject Headings
- Service, Compulsory non-military--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Tax collection--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Land value taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Naas son of Dioskoros (see ZPE 88  p. 178-179)
- Karanis; Magais
- Of the crop of year(s) 1 and 2, of the village of Karanis, through beasts of Magais, in the name of Naas, son of Dioskoros, four donkeys. Year 1, Pachon 5.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 405 Amundsen L, OMich I, 405, 1935 -- BL III, 264 (l. 1); BL X, 294 (date; l. 2; 5) BL III, 264 (l. 1); BL X, 294 (date; l. 2; 5)
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- W. Seston, Dioclétien et la Tétrarchie I (Paris, 1946) p. 64, n. 1; W.H.M. Liesker - K.A. Worp, ZPE 88 (1991) p. 178-179 and n. 8; 181.
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"O.Mich.inv. 9056". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-505/1. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 02, 2022.