Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 6.8 x 5.4 cm
- Conservation Status
- (Late) IIIrd century A.D. (December 6, 285 A.D.[?])
- probably Hiera Nikolaou, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Unknown tax-collector
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Transport of Grain
- Receipt for transport of grain to an unknown harbor in the name of Satabous
- Subject Headings
- Service, Compulsory non-military--Egypt--Arsinoite Nome.
- Shepherds--Egypt--Arsinoite Nome.
- Tax collection--Egypt--Arsinoite Nome.
- Land value taxation--Egypt--Arsinoite Nome.
- 650: Grain--Transportation--Egypt--Arsinoite Nome.
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt--Arsinoite Nome.
- Drovers--Egypt--Arsinoite Nome.
- Donkeys--Egypt--Arsinoite Nome.
- Satabous, poimen;
- Syrotrates(?) <or Syros son of Tratos?>, onelates
- Hiera Neikolaou (Nikolaou)
- In the granary of the village of Hiera Nikolaou, of the crop of year 2, in the name of Satabous the shepherd, through Syrotrates(?) the donkey-driver, 5 sacks. Year 2, Choiak 10.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 407 Amundsen L, OMich I, 407, 1935 -- BL VII, 289 (l. 3; 4) BL VII, 289 (l. 3; 4) ZPE 18 Youtie HC 1975 263-264 pl. IX b Youtie HC, ZPE 18, 263-264, 1975, pl. IX b
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)