Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 7.9 x 4.7 cm
- Conservation Status
- complete, partly faded
- Palaeographic Description
- See electronic version of OMich I 133
- (Late) IIIrd century A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Unknown tax-collector
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Money Tax
- Receipt for 24 drachmai paid by a Menes for the tax of one-twentieth and other customary levies associated with it, perhaps exacted in connection with a transfer of property
- Subject Headings
- Acquisition of property--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Tax collection--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Taxation--Egy[t--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Year 1, . . . Has paid Menes, (for) the one-twentieth and other due(?) (charges), twenty-four drachmai, = 24 drachmai.
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 133 Amundsen L, OMich I, 133, 1935 TAPA 76 Youtie HC 1945 142-144 SB XIV 11469 Youtie HC, TAPA 76, 142-144, 1945 -- SB XIV 11469
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)