Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 7.4 x 8.3 cm
- Conservation Status
- (Early) IVth century A.D.
- probably Ptolemais (Nea), Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Unknown tax-collector
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Transport of Grain
- Receipt for transport of grain to an unknown harbor in the name of Serenus
- Subject Headings
- Service, Compulsory non-military--Egypt--Ptolemais Nea (Extinct city)
- Drovers--Egypt--Ptolemais Nea.
- 650: 0;Tax collection--Egypt--Ptolemais Nea (Extinct city)
- Land value taxation--Egypt--Ptolemais Nea (Extinct city)
- Granaries--Taxation--Egypt--Ptolemais Nea (Extinct city)
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt--Ptolemais Nea (Extinct city)
- Serenus son of Harpalos (see ZPE 18  p. 86, n. 27);
- Arios (Areios), onelates;
- Horkon (see O.Mich. I, 152?)
- Ptolemais (Nea)
- Of the granary of the part of Ptolemais, of the crop of the 3rd indiction, Serenus, son of Harpalos, has shifted, through(?) Horkon(?), through Arios the donkey-driver, four donkeys, equal 4 donkeys. Mecheir 6.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 544 Amundsen L, OMich I, 544, 1935 -- BL VII, 289 (l. 4-6). - L. 9: read Mechir '6', instead of Mechir || [.]. (Unpublished note of H.C. Youtie) BL VII, 289 (l. 4-6). - L. 9: read Mechir '6', instead of Mechir || [.]. (Unpublished note of H.C. Youtie)
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- H.C. Youtie, ZPE 18 (1975) p. 86
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)