Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 12.4 x 11.3 cm
- Conservation Status
- Complete; partly faded
- July 15, 348 (or 333) A.D.
- unknown harbor, Herakleopolite or Memphite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Delivery in Kind
- Receipt for chaff of Karanis brought by Taeisaris to an unknown harbor
- Subject Headings
- Tax collection--Egypt.
- Land value taxation--Egypt.
- Crop residues--Transportation--Egypt.
- Weights and measures, Ancient.
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt.
- Signatures (Writing)
- Karanis (Extinct city)
- Souchidas (see P.Col. VII, p. 67)
- Epeiph 21. Taeisaris has brought, for the village of Karanis, for the sixth indiction, 120 litrai of chaff. (2nd hand) I, Souchidas, have signed.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 200 Amundsen L, OMich I, 200, 1935 -- For the date, see P.Col. VII, p. 67 For the date, see P.Col. VII, p. 67
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- 3030 x 4428
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)