Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 8.3 x 6.8 cm
- Conservation Status
- Complete; surface partly damaged through a black decay which covers some of the writing
- November 27, 286 A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- 25-5072G-C x 16
- Unknown tax-collector
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Transport of Grain
- Receipt for transport of grain to an unknown harbor in the name of Ammonios
- Subject Headings
- Service, Compulsory non-military--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Tax collection--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Land value taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Donkeys--Egypt--Arsinoë (Fayy¯um : Extinct city)
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Granaries--Taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Ammonios son of Papeeis (see ZPE 88  p. 182-183);
- horiodeiktia of Karanis; Arsinoe(?)
- Of the granary of the horiodeiktia of Karanis, of the crop of year 2, Ammonios, son of Papeeis, through Nikas, (has contributed), through beasts of Arsinoe(?), five donkeys, equal 5. Year 3 and 2, Choiak 1.
- Papyri.info Link
- view the transcription of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 409 Amundsen L, OMich I, 409, 1935 -- BL III, 264 (l. 3) BL III, 264 (l. 3)
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- N. Lewis, AJP 58 (1937) p. 106
- Year Begin
- Year End
26447 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 3060 x 4464
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)