Background and Physical Properties
- 36 cm x 25.5 cm
- Conservation Status
- The front of this medium-brown papyrus contains four columns of writing. Distance between columns varies between 1.5 cm. to 2 cm. Although generally badly damaged with large abrasions, the worst damage has been sustained in the right side of the papyrus. Two examples of kollesis are visible with an interval of approximately 6.5 cm. At the left, a margin of approximately 3.5 cm. has been left free.
- Palaeographic Description
- Semi-cursive hand.
- Ann Arbor
- IIIrd - Ist century B.C.
- Arsinoite nome
- Arsinoite nome (?)
- purchased from mr. Fackelmann in 1983
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Royal decree
- Royal decree on corn transportation
- Subject Headings
- Tax collection--Egypt--Arsinote Nome.
- Grain--Transportation--Egypt--Arsinoite Nome.
- Pack animals (Transportation)--Egypt--Arsinoite Nome.
- Arsinoite Nome
- "The King has ordered: those in the Arsinoite who have donkeys or mules or riding (?) horses or camels should register with the oikonomos and the royal scribe and the stewards appointed by the strategos in each village within five days after the day the decree is posted and should present them (or to be present?) for bringing down the taxes from the threshing-floors and from the royal granaries to the harbors for 180 days and to bring down, on the one hand, from the most distant places up to 120 stades on each donkey 480 artabai of wheat, on each mule 720, on each horse 720, on each camel 960 [papyus breaks off]".
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections I. Andorlini et al., Atti del XXII Congresso Internazionale di Papirologia. Florence, 2001. T. Gagos & L. Koenen 2001 533-536 - T. Gagos & L. Koenen, I. Andorlini et al., Atti del XXII Congresso Internazionale di Papirologia. Florence, 2001., 533-536, 2001, -
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- 3715 x 4702
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)