Background and Physical Properties
- Verso; Recto is P. Mich. Koenen 776
- P.Mich. XVIII, 775-780; P.Heid. VI, 374
- 31.5 x 11.1 cm
- Conservation Status
- Badly damaged and defaced
- Ann Arbor
- 193 B.C.
- Mouchis, Polemonos meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- Unknown necropolis (cemeteries at Abusir al-Malaq or al-Lahun?)
- Mummy cartonnage bought in 1982
- Peteminis alias Ptolemaios
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Bid for a Concession
- Copy or draft of a bid to take over the concession for beer sales in Mouchis (see also P.Mich. XVIII, 778)
- Subject Headings
- Concessions (Amusements, etc.)--Egypt
- Exclusive licenses--Egypt
- Pythion, oikonomos (see also P.Mich. XVIII, 777-778);
- Ptolemaios alias Peteminis (see P.Mich. XVIII, p. 92-93)
- To Pythion, the oikonomos, from Ptolemaios, also called Peteminis. I promise to pay 8 talents for beer sales in Mouchis for the 13th year, for 8 months from Tybi 30. I promise sureties of presence and of payment, according to the decree.
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich XVIII Loftus A - Schwendner G 1996 777 Pl. XIV Loftus A - Schwendner G, PMich XVIII, 777, 1996, Pl. XIV
- Year Begin
- Year End
26424 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 2320 x 3035
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)