P.Mich.inv. 6948 / Verso
About this Item
back | summary (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Verso; Recto is P. Mich. Koenen 778
- P.Mich. XVIII, 775-780; P.Heid. VI, 374
- 31.5 x 32.5 cm
- Conservation Status
- Badly defaced
- Ann Arbor
- 192 B.C.
- Mouchis, Polemonos meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- Unknown necropolis (cemeteries at Abusir al-Malaq or al-Lahun?)
- Mummy cartonnage bought in 1982
- Peteminis (alias Ptolemaios)
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Petition to a Subordinate of the Dioiketes
- (Draft/Copy of a) Petition addressed to an agent of the dioiketes by Peteminis alias Ptolemaios, who requests help to capture an oikonomos who has disappeared after extorting some money from him
- Ornymenes (see P.Mich. XVIII, p. 93-95; 160);
- Peteminis (alias Ptolemaios) (see P.Mich. XVIII, p. 92-93);
- Athenodoros, dioiketes (see P.Mich. XVIII, p. 93-95);
- Pythion, oikonomos;
- Philon (archiphylakites)
- Mouchis, Polemonos meris
- To Ornymenes from Peteminis from Mouchis in the Polemon division. I have filed a petition with Athenodoros the dioiketes against Pythion, the oikonomos of the same division, with regard to 4000 drachmai which he extorted from me and the . . . in addition to 5 talents, 2300 (drachmai). And when my petition was sent to you, you wrote to Philon to make him appear before you. Since, then, the fellow is avoiding furnishing justice to me, I therefore request, if you approve, that you write an order for me to the police so that, wherever he is found, he may be brought before you. Failing this, . . . may his house be locked up.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich XVIII Loftus A - Schwendner G 1996 779 Pl. XVI Loftus A - Schwendner G, PMich XVIII, 779, 1996, Pl. XVI
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Image Size
- 6069 x 5757
- File Size
- 5 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 6948; Verso". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-3037/6948v.tif. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed October 01, 2022.