Background and Physical Properties
- 11.6 x 8.6 cm
- Conservation Status
- broken off at the bottom; much damaged
- 98-100 A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Chairemon son of Chairemon
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Petition to a Strategos
- Petition addressed by Chairemon son of Chairemon to the strategos Tiberius Claudius Arius, to whom he complains about a theft and requests a redress
- Subject Headings
- Psenarpsen¯esis (Extinct city)
- (Tiberius) Claudius Areios (Arius), strategos of the Herakleidou meris;
- Chairemon son of Chairemon (see also P.Mich. IX, 567?)
- Herakleidou meris of the Arsinoite nome; Psenarpsenesis
- To Claudius Arius, strategos of the Arsinoite nome, division of Herakleides, from Chairemon, son of Chairemon. On the 10th of the present month Germanicius when I inspected the plot of land which I have leased(?) in the neighbourhood of Psenarpsenesis I discovered that very much wheaat was stolen from it while the watchmen of the field [were absent]. Therefore I request you that [an inquiry be made] into the matter [- - -]
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections ZPE 106 Sijpesteijn PJ 1995 212-213 Pl. VIId SB XXII, 15779 Sijpesteijn PJ, ZPE 106, 212-213, 1995, Pl. VIId -- SB XXII, 15779
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)