Background and Physical Properties
- Verso; Recto contains 11 lines of writing of uncertain nature
- Heroninus archive; P. Flor. 241-258
- 8.2 x 11 cm.
- Conservation Status
- The text is regularly broken off at all sides with the exception of the left.
- Palaeographic Description
- Rather quick and careless cursive. There are free margins of 1 cm. each at the top and on the left, another of 2.5 cm. along the bottom.
- Ann Arbor
- October 15, 257 A.D.
- Oxyrhynchite nome
- Oxyrhynchite nome (?)
- purchased in Egypt by E. Peterson and received in April 1935
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Private letter
- Private letter from Syron to Horion regarding a bull.
- Subject Headings
- Greek letters--Egypt--Oxyrhynchite Nome.
- Bulls--Egypt--Oxyrhynchite Nome.
- "Syros to Horion, his dearest friend, greetings. Permit the bull that I sent to you to work with the ones with you until we yoke another with him. Year 5, Phaophi 18. I pray for your good health, dearest friend."
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections CE 61 Sijpesteijn PJ 1986 106-7 SB XVIII, 13332 Sijpesteijn PJ, CE 61, 106-7, 1986 -- SB XVIII, 13332
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- 3504 x 4846
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)