Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 5.4 x 6.5 cm. (TC)
- Conservation Status
- Regularly cut at all sides. Completely preserved with just a minor hole in the blank section of the document. There is a kollesis to the right of the middle. (TC)
- Palaeographic Description
- Large and rather careless cursive with a rightward slant. At the bottom there is a free margin of approximately 2 cm. (TC)
- Ann Arbor
- September 11/12, year 14
- Soknopaiou Nesos, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Soknopaiou Nesos, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt (?)
- purchased in 1933/1934
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- customs duty receipt
- Receipt issued to a certain Orsenpouphis for the payment of harbor tax of Memphis. This tax was paid in relation to the export of three artabas of bitter vetch.
- Subject Headings
- D¯imay (Extinct city)
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt.
- Harbors--Port charges--Egypt--Memphis (Extinct city)
- Measures and weights, Ancient.
- Soknopaiou Nesos.
- "Orsenouphis has paid harbor tax of Memphis through the toll-gates of Soknopaiou Nesos for the export of three artabas of bitter vetch on one donkey. Year 14// Fourteenth of Thoth. XXXX14XXXX."
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PCustoms Sijpesteijn PJ 1987 462 Pl XIV Sijpesteijn PJ, PCustoms, 462, 1987, Pl XIV
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- 2447 x 4063
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)