Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 5.4 x 10 cm
- Conservation Status
- broken off on the left and right sides
- IVth century A.D.
- probably Kainos or Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- [- - -]; Salakon
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Delivery in Kind
- Receipt for wheat delivered by a sitologos
- Subject Headings
- Tax collection
- [- - -]tneos, sitologos of Kainos, of Karanis;
- Siros (Syros), diakon
- Kainos, (horiodeiktia of) Karanis
- [Month, day. - - -]tneos, sitologos of Kainos, of Karanis, [delivered for the] fourteenth(?) indiction for the account of the villagers, [two and a half] and a twelfth [artabai of clean wheat], 2 1/2 1/12 art. only. (2nd hand) [I, - - -], have signed. (3rd hand) I, Salakon, have signed.
- (1st hand) [And likewise] in the name of Syros, deacon, for the fourteenth(?) [indiction] fourteen and a half artabai [of clean wheat], 14 1/2 art. only. (4th hand) I, [- - -], have signed.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections ZPE 108 Sijpesteijn PJ 1995 219-220 Pl. VIId SB XXII, 15842 Sijpesteijn PJ, ZPE 108, 219-220, 1995, Pl. VIId -- SB XXII, 15842 ` `
Information on Publications--Notes
- The inv. nr. given by the editor is wrong (correct inv. nr. currently unknown).
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)