Background and Physical Properties
- Verso; Recto: remains of a latin(?) text
- 3.5 x 9 cm
- Conservation Status
- broken off on the right side and at the bottom
- Ist-IInd century A.D.
- Unknown place, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Literary: Letter
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Letter of Alexander to his Mother Olympias (Ps. Kallisthenes III 28, 3-4)
- Fragment of the letter attributed to Alexander, which was later included in Pseudo-Kallisthenes' roman
- Subject Headings
- Pseudo-Callisthenes.--Historia Alexandri Magni--Greek.
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich XVIII Merkelbach R - Roemer CE 1996 761 Pl. V Merkelbach R - Roemer CE, PMich XVIII, 761, 1996, Pl. V
Information on Publications--Notes
- Incorrectly published as Inv. 6021.
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)