Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- fr. 1: 17.8 x 7.8; fr. 2 10.6 x 3.4
- 48 total number of lines; fr. 1: 32 lines; fr. 2:16 lines
- Conservation Status
- Only the upper and bottom margin is preserved ; the papyrus is broken off at the right and left hand sides. Fr. 1 was joined from two separate fragments (the first preserved lines 738 until the middle of 754 and the second from the second half of 754 until 769; note by NL). Three lines are lost between fr. 1 and 2.
- Palaeographic Description
- Some accents and diacritical marks are written (tremata, upper dots); some scribal corrections are added above the line and after deleted letters. The text runs across the fibers.
- Ann Arbor
- IIIrd century A.D.
- purchased in 1931/1932
- Literary; Epic
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Homeric papyrus ( Iliad 2.738-769, 773-789)
- Homer, Iliad 2.738-769, 773-789
- Subject Headings
- Homer.--Iliad.--Book 2.
- Critical marks
- Papyrus roll
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections Literary and non-literary Papyri, Mich. Diss. Schwendner GW 1988 9-13, no 4 Schwendner GW, Literary and non-literary Papyri, Mich. Diss., 9-13, no 4, 1988 -- Corrections after the conservation of the papyrus: 742 "klut[o]s"; 745 "ouk oios a]ma"; 751: [oi t amf im]ert[o]n; 759 "tes]serako[nta"; 783 "ein Ari]mow; 786: acute accent on "a" of "aggel[os". Corrections after the conservation of the papyrus: 742 "klut[o]s"; 745 "ouk oios a]ma"; 751: [oi t amf im]ert[o]n; 759 "tes]serako[nta"; 783 "ein Ari]mow; 786: acute accent on "a" of "aggel[os".
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- Allen - Sutton - West p692; LDAB 1982; MP 669.01
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- Homeric Papyri items: 128, owner: verhoogt
- 3129 x 7031
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)