About this Item
unspecified | summary (1 items)
- Inventory Number
- P.Mich.inv. 6183
- Processing Number
- f; Recto
Background and Physical Properties
- 7.5 x 10 cm
- Conservation Status
- damaged on the right side
- IInd century/IIIrd century A.D. (February 17/18)
- Dionysias, Themistou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Soknopaiou Nesos, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- 31-II203E-P (8)
- unknown customs official
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Customshouse Receipt
- Receipt for payment of the 3 % customs duty
- Subject Headings
- Measures and weights, Ancient.
- Farm produce--Transportation--Egypt.
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt.
- Paid through the gate-house of Dionysias, the 3 % (customs duty), by Herakles, exporting to the north three camels of bitter vetch, and two camels (and) one foal of dates, and on one foal three metretai of olive oil. Year 16, on the twenty-third of Mecheir, 23. Without seal.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PCustoms Sijpesteijn PJ 1987 470 Pl. XV Sijpesteijn PJ, PCustoms, 470, 1987, Pl. XV
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 6183". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-2680/1. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed June 06, 2023.