Background and Physical Properties
- Recto + Verso
- 15.5 X 18 cm
- Recto - 12
- Verso - 3
- Negative in Copenhagen
- yes (+ verso)
- Conservation Status
- well preserved except for some rather large holes on the left half and for the loss of part of the lower margin
- Palaeographic Description
- See electronic version of PMich VIII, 484
- IInd century A.D.
- unknown place, province of Egypt(?)
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- 30-C198L-A (1)
- Iulius Clemens
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Private Letter
- Letter from Iulius Clemens to his brother(?) Arrianus, expressing deep dippointment at receiving no news from him
- Subject Headings
- Iulius Clemens (centurion) (see P. Mich. VI, 483);
- Arrianus, soldier
- Iulius Clemens to Arrianus his brother, greeting. This is now the third letter I am writing you, and you have sent me no reply, although you know that I am worried if you do not write me frequently about your affairs, and in spite of the fact that many persons come here from your vicinity. I therefore ask you, brother, . . . to write to me about your well-being, which is my prayer to all the gods. I pray for your good health.
- [- - ?] Epeiph 30(?).
- (Verso) Deliver to Arrianus, soldier of the legion . . . .
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich VIII Winter JG-Youtie HC 1951 484 Winter JG-Youtie HC, PMich VIII, 484, 1951 -- BL XI, 132 (l. 9); BL XI, 132 (l. 9);
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)