Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- Archive of Sabinus and Apollinarius
- 13 x 8 cm
- Conservation Status
- broken off at the bottom; much damaged
- Ann Arbor
- March 25, 147 A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Declaration on Oath
- Beginning of a declaration on oath, which seems to concern the verification of status (epikrisis) of two Roman citizens, either children or veterans.
- Subject Headings
- Oaths--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Antoninus Pius, Emperor;
- Apolinarius (= Gaius Iulius Apollinarius? See P.Mich. IX, p. 5-8);
- (Marcus) Petronius [Mamertinus], former prefect of Egypt
- According to the orders . . .
- Year 10 of the Emperor Caesar Titus Aelius Hadrianus Antoninus Augustus Pius, Phamenoth 29.
- I report, swearing by the oath customary for the Romans that both have been selected, [- - -] Apolinarius by Petronius [Mamertinus] the former prefect, [and - - -, by - - -]
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections Aegyptus 76 Sijpesteijn PJ 1996 30-31 Sijpesteijn PJ, Aegyptus 76, 30-31, 1996 -- To be republished; 3 fragments have been added. (PH) To be republished; 3 fragments have been added. (PH)
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- Paul Heilporn "Une vieille dette. P. Mich. IX, 568-569 et autres papyrus du grenier C123 de Karanis", CE 85 (2010), 249-262
Information on Publications--Notes
- The central fragment was published by P.J. Sijpesteijn as P.Mich. inv. 5838a.
- One fragment from this inv no was moved to inv. no 5827 to join the papyrus there.
- four small fragments moved to inv. 5835 from here to join the papyrus there
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- 4608 x 3480
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)