Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 9.8 x 10.6 cm
- Conservation Status
- Complete, partly faded
- September 10, 342 A.D.
- unknown harbor, Herakleopolite or Memphite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- 24-5020A-E x 7
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Delivery in Kind
- Receipt for chaff of Karanis brought by Isak to an unknown harbor
- Subject Headings
- Tax collection--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Land value taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Weights and measures, Ancient.
- Signatures (Writing)
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt.
- Crop residues--Transportation--Egypt.
- Isak (Isaac) son of Ision (see also O.Mich. I, 206);
- Diatimos(?) (Diotimos) (see P.Col. VII, p. 69; 231)
- Thoth 13. Brought for the villagers of Karanis, through Isak, son of Ision, for the 16th indiction, one-hundred and twenty litrai of chaff, 120 litrai. (2nd hand) I, Diatimos(?), have signed.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 216 Amundsen L, OMich I, 216, 1935 CPJ III Stern M 1964 480 Stern M, CPJ III, 480, 1964 -- BL VIII, 526 (date) BL VIII, 526 (date)
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- P.Col. VII, p. 69.
- Year Begin
- Year End
26428 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 3042 x 4290
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)