About this Item
unspecified | summary (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 5 x 15.5 cm; 3.5 x 3 cm; 3 x 10.5 cm; 0.5 x 1 cm
- Conservation Status
- broken off at the top and bottom, and on the left and right sides; much damaged
- Palaeographic Description
- excellent, rapidly written cursive hand
- (Late) IInd century A.D.
- Unknown place
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Text of Uncertain Nature
- Fragment of a contract, or of a list of auxiliary soldiers, or of a mythologial or historical text
- Chaeremon (Chairemon);
- Geta; consul
- Oxyrhyncha; Ebra[- - -] (Ebraeus, Hebraios?)
- (Text too fragmentary to be translated).
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich VII Sanders HA 1947 448 Pl. XIIa Sanders HA, PMich VII, 448, 1947, Pl. XIIa C.Pap.Lat. Cavenaile R 1957 131 Cavenaile R, C.Pap.Lat., 131, 1957
Information on Publications--Further Republications
- Further Republications
- Rep Editor - Fuks A; Rep Ser. - C.Pap.Jud. III; 1964; No. 463;
- Rep Editor - Dorandi T; Rep Ser. - Ch.L.A. XLII; 1994; No. 1222, with photo.
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- R. Marichal, Scriptorium 4 (1950) p. 123, No. 71; G.R. Watson, The Roman Soldier (Ithaca, N.Y., 1969) p. 240, No. 181; R.O. Fink, Roman Military Records on Papyrus (Princeton, 1971) p. 9; R. Marichal, Ch.L.A. V (1975) p. ix, n. 3; N. Giovè Marchioli, Alle origini delle abbreviature latine. Una prima recognizione (Messina, 1993) No. A 110.
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 5656". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-2526/1. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed October 01, 2022.