Background and Physical Properties
- Verso; Recto: 4 lines of a text of uncertain nature
- 3.4 x 3.4 cm
- Conservation Status
- broken off at the left, right and bottom
- 253-256 A.D.
- Unknown place, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- List of Pack-Donkeys
- Top of a list of pack-donkeys or drivers of such animals, submitted by a (former) gymnasiarch
- Subject Headings
- Lists--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Donkeys--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Drovers--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Valerianus & Gallienus, Emperors;
- [- - -] gymnasiarch(--);
- (unnamed) onelatai(?)
- [List of] pack-donkeys <or: donkey-drivers> [of year . .] of Valerianus and Gallienus [Augusti from - - -], (former?) gymnasiarch [- - -] and Heron with [donkey-drivers(?) - - -]
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections Aegyptus 76 Sijpesteijn PJ 1996 23-24 Pl. II Sijpesteijn PJ, Aegyptus 76, 23-24, 1996, Pl. II
Information on Publications--Notes
- Published as inv. 5476a.
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)