About this Item
unspecified | summary (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- 5 x 3.4 cm
- Conservation Status
- broken off on the right side and at the bottom
- 196-198 A.D.
- Unknown place, Themistou or Polemonos meros, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Chairemon, komogrammateus
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Official Letter: Nomination of Liturgists
- Official letter sent by a komogrammateus to the strategos of the Themistos and Polemon divisions, giving him the names of persons who could be designated to supervise the dyke works
- Bolanus, strategos of the Themistou [kai Polemonos merides];
- Chairemon, komogrammateus
- Themistou [kai Polemonos merides] of the Arsinoite nome
- To Bolanus, strategos of the Arsinoite nome, Themistos [and Polemon divisions], from Chairemon, village secretary [of - - -. Being asked you to submit names (of persons)] for the supervision of dykes (chomatekbolia) [and for - - -] of the canals of the present [. . year - - -]
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections ZPE 106 Sijpesteijn PJ 1995 218-219 Pl. VId XXII, 15783 Sijpesteijn PJ, ZPE 106, 218-219, 1995, Pl. VId -- XXII, 15783 -- Line 2: Chairemon can hardly be a ko[mogrammateus Karanidos], as he would then have had to write to the strategos of the Herakleidou meris; he must have been village secretary of a village of the Themistou meris or of the Polemonos meris. (PH). Line 2: Chairemon can hardly be a ko[mogrammateus Karanidos], as he would then have had to write to the strategos of the Herakleidou meris; he must have been village secretary of a village of the Themistou meris or of the Polemonos meris. (PH).
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 5458". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-2465/1. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed November 26, 2022.