Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso described
- Found with the archive of Claudius Tiberianus (& family), but not part of it?
- 12 X 22.8 cm
- Recto - 35 + 2 in left margin
- Conservation Status
- badly damaged, particularly along the 5 folds; the verso contains faint and illegible traces of the address
- Palaeographic Description
- See electronic version of PMich VIII, 510
- IInd century/IIIrd A.D.
- Unknown place, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Private Letter
- Fragmentary letter from Taeis[...] to her son
- Subject Headings
- Health (death
- Writing Material
- her son [---];
- his (unnamed) father;
- his (unnamed) sister (& children);
- Sempronius, (brother of?);
- Nephotianos (Nepotianus);
- (12 lines too damaged to be translated) . . . since there have been many deaths in Alexandria. Just as you were my guide while you were with me, now again you guide me although you are absent. I want you to know that we are carrying out fertilization of the dates that are in the orchard. If Taseus follows my instructions, she shall also receive from me a basket of . . . . I have paid all the public dues, thanks to you. The little papyrus that you told me not to give to anyone, I did not give; you yourself, I said, will give it . . . . (12 more lines damaged)
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich VIII Winter JG-Youtie HC 1951 510 Winter JG-Youtie HC, PMich VIII, 510, 1951
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- D. Hagedorn, ZPE 125 (1999) p. 215-216
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)