Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 12 X 5.5 cm
- Conservation Status
- broken at the bottom
- Palaeographic Description
- See electronic version of PMich VIII, 517
- IIIrd century/IVth century A.D.
- unknown place (perhaps Alexandria?), province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Private Letter
- Beginning of a letter from Ptolemaios to his mother Tamustha
- Subject Headings
- his mother Tamystha
- Ptolemaios to Tamystha, his mother, greeting. Before all else I pray for your health, and I make obeisance for you in the presence of our lord Sarapis. I sent you this letter . . . .
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich VIII Winter JG-Youtie HC 1951 517 Winter JG-Youtie HC, PMich VIII, 517, 1951
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)