Background and Physical Properties
- Recto + Verso
- 8 X 8 cm
- Recto 15 + 1 in the left margin
- Verso = 2
- Conservation Status
- broken at the top
- Palaeographic Description
- See electronic version of PMich VIII, 504
- IInd century A.D.
- unknown place, province of Egypt(?)
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Private Letter
- End of a letter from Chairemonianos
- Subject Headings
- Loukretis (Lucretius) (& family);
- . . . I salute your children and their mothers and your mother. Anthestias salute you, each by name. The children salute you, each by name. We salute Castrensis and Lucretius together with his children and wife. I pray for your good health. . . . your names at the top of the papyrus roll and the documents(?). . . .
- (Verso) [To - - -] from Chairemonianos.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich VIII Winter JG-Youtie HC 1951 504 Winter JG-Youtie HC, PMich VIII, 504, 1951
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)