About this Item
unspecified | summary (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 8.9 X 10.3 cm
- Negative in Copenhagen
- Conservation Status
- Considerable damaged, with a number of wormholes; lower left corner and lower right edge missing
- Palaeographic Description
- see electronic version of PMich VI, 366
- 168 A.D.
- Karanis (or Ptolemais Nea), Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Kephalon son of Mysthes
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Declaration of Uninundated Land
- Declaration of 6 arouras of uninundated land near Ptolemais, addressed to the secretary of this village by the cleruch, a certain Kephalon
- Kastor, komogrammateus of Ptolemais;
- Kephalon son of Mysthes, cleruch;
- Bassaeus Rufus, prefect of Egypt
- Karanis; Ptolemais (Nea); 90th cleruchy
- To Kastor, village secretary of Ptolemais.
- (2nd hand) From Kephalon, son of Mysthes, cleruch of the 90th cleruchy. In accordance with the orders issued by the most illustrious prefect, Bassaeus Rufus, I declare the 6 arourai assigned for cultivation to the residents of Karanis, which I cultivate near the village of Ptolemais, as unwatered for the present 8th year. Wherefore I present this declaration.
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich VI Pearl OM-Youtie HC 1944 366 Pearl OM-Youtie HC, PMich VI, 366, 1944 -- BL VI, 82 on line 8 BL VI, 82 on line 8
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- Tomasz Derda, ARSINOITHS NOMOS. Administration of the Fayum under Roman Rule, Warsaw 2006, p. 220
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 4752". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-2301/1. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed November 26, 2022.