Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 7 x 12.2 cm.
- Conservation Status
- A very light-brown papyrus which is regularly cut off at the top and right side. Four vertical folds are still visible.
- Palaeographic Description
- At the top there is a free margin of approx. 1.5 cm.
- Ann Arbor
- Vth/VIth century A.D.
- purchased by Prof. Boak in 1925 (report submitted by H.I. Bell, dated May 2, 1925); described as coming from Behneseh (Oxyrhynchus)
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- The right part of the letter is partly preserved; however, it does not become clear what its contents are.
- Subject Headings
- [text is too fragmentary for translation];
- Papyri.info Link
- view the transcription of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections Aegyptus 66 Sijpesteijn PJ 1986 80 SB XVIII 13114 Sijpesteijn PJ, Aegyptus 66, 80, 1986 -- SB XVIII 13114 -- BL XI, 223 (l. 1, 4, 6, 9); BL XI, 223 (l. 1, 4, 6, 9);
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- N. Gonis, ZPE 119 (1997) p. 146
- Year Begin
- Year End
26447 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 3090 x 4630
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)