O.Mich.inv. 10255 / Recto
About this Item
front | summary (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- Ostraca of Pleein son of Musthes
- 5.8 X 4.5 cm
- Conservation Status
- Palaeographic Description
- see electronic version of OMich II, 879
- (Middle/late) IIIrd century A.D. (January-February, 257 A.D.[?])
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Unknown tax-collector
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Transport of Grain
- Receipt for delivery of grain brought by a Pleein to an unknown harbor
- Subject Headings
- Service, Compulsory non-military--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Tax collection--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt.
- Pleein son of Mysthes (see ZPE 88  183-185)
- Horiodeiktia of Karanis
- Of the crops of the 3rd year, of the horiodeiktia of Karanis, Plein son of Mysthes, three sacks of barley, (and) one other sack of wild chickling, equal 4 sacks. In the 4th year, Mecheir.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich II Pearl OM-Youtie HC 1944 879 Pearl OM-Youtie HC, OMich II, 879, 1944 -- BL X, 295 (date) BL X, 295 (date)
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- W.H.M. Liesker - K.A. Worp, ZPE 88 (1991) p. 183-185; R. Ziegler, ZPE 128 (1999) p. 170
- PH; TC
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Image Size
- 3662 x 2982
- File Size
- 146 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"O.Mich.inv. 10255; Recto". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-20/10255o.tif. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed January 27, 2023.