About this Item
unspecified | summary (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto + Verso
- P. Princ. II, 70
- 11.2 X 9 cm
- Recto - 13
- Verso - 1
- Conservation Status
- complete, but marred by holes, especially at the right
- Palaeographic Description
- Not unskilled writer, making many corrections and interlinear additions
- Ann Arbor
- IIIrd century A.D.
- Unknown place, province of Egypt
- Unknown place
- Bell's inventory: May 2, 1925; Acquired from Nahman lot.
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Private Letter
- Letter from Eumelos to Ammonios, telling him not to pay attention to an unnamed administrator, who troubled him and whom Eumelos has also written to, but to take care of the house
- unnamed cheiristes;
- Dioskoros & Sarapias & their mother;
- Kanis (& wife & children)
- topos Apasan
- Eumelos to Ammonios, his most honoured friend, many greetings. Before everything else I pray that you are in good health and I make obeisance for you before the lord Sarapis. I have heard from Katoites that you say: “The administrator annoys me very much concerning the place Apasan, since he did not provide an account although the mother of Dioskoros was present together with him.” Do not heed him! If we have done anything we have done it conformably to usage. I have written to him too and take care of the house. Stay healthy . . . . and take care of yourself. I salute by name all those of your family. Dioskoros and Sarapias and their mother salute you. Stay well. We salute Kanis and his wife and their children.
- (Verso) Deliver to my friend(?) Ammonios [- - -]
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections ZPE 113 Sijpesteijn PJ 1996 163-164 Pl. VI, 1-2 Sijpesteijn PJ, ZPE 113, 163-164, 1996, Pl. VI, 1-2
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 3256". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-1913/1. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed February 01, 2023.