P.Mich.inv. 3219 / Verso
About this Item
front | summary (1 items)
front | detail (2 items)
back | summary (1 items)
back | detail (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Zenon archive
- 22.5 x 13.5 cm
- Recto - 12;
- Verso - 1
- Conservation Status
- broken off on the left and right sides; badly mutilated
- Ann Arbor
- August, 249 B.C.
- probably Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- November 1925; Acquired from Brummer
- [- - -]
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Business Letter
- Report to Zenon from one of his agents about quantities of barley, poppy seed and sesame, from which certain amounts are deducted as payment for transport, sifting, winnowing, and measuring
- Subject Headings
- Commercial correspondence--Egypt.
- Farm produce--Transportation--Egypt.
- Agricultural laborers--Egypt.
- Freight and freightage--Egypt.
- Zenon (son of Agreophon) (see Pros.Ptol. I 80 + add.);
- Glaukias (see Pros.Ptol. IV 10175);
- [- - -], sitometres;
- Haren[- - -] (see also below);
- Nika[- - -];
- Maron (see also Pros.Ptol. IV 10289);
- (unnamed) koskineutai;
- (unnamed) brastai;
- (unnamed) sitometrai;
- Harentotes sitologos(?) (see Pros.Ptol. I 1342 + add.)
- (Text too fragmentary to be translated).
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 53 Edgar CC, PMich I, 53, 1931
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Image Size
- 4608 x 3480
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 3219; Verso". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-1883/3219v_a.tif. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed August 10, 2022.