P.Mich.inv. 3218 / Verso
About this Item
front | summary (1 items)
front | detail (2 items)
back | summary (1 items)
back | detail (1 items)
- Inventory Number
- P.Mich.inv. 3218
- Processing Number
- Recto + Verso
- Image Side
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto + Verso
- Zenon archive
- 17.5 x 33 cm
- Recto - 29;
- Verso - 3
- Conservation Status
- middle part quite damaged
- Palaeographic Description
- L. 27-29 in Zenon's hand
- Ann Arbor
- 248 or 247 B.C.
- Unknown place, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- November 1925; Acquired from Brummer
- Unknown; Zenon
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Money account
- Money account, perhaps a commercial agent on board a Nile boat, concerning 1,000 copper drachmai that the writer has received, and of which 701 have been repaid in various transactions
- Subject Headings
- Arsinoë (Fayy¯um : Extinct city)
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt.
- Freight and freightage--Egypt.
- Theogenes (see Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 339);
- Dromon (see Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 321);
- Epharmostos (son of Agreophon) (see Pros.Ptol. IV 11382; VI 16381);
- Mikion (see Pros.Ptol. V 14223);
- Hieron (see Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 346)
- Alexandria; Kanopos; Krokodilon polis (Arsinoiton polis); Ptolemais; Kerke
- We have received what you paid to Theogenes in Alexandria, 1,000 copper drachmai.
- Towards this you have received what Dromon in Kanopos (paid), 180 silver drachmai, and in Alexandria, what Epharmostos . . ., 140 silver drachmai; [- - -] choai at 1 drachme 1 1/2 obol each, equal 320 silver drachmai; [- - -] from Krokodilon polis [- - -]; 'for those who transferred (the freight) from the mouth (of the river) to the boat [- - -]'; and transport fare to Ptolemais [- - -]; and from Ptolemais to Kerke [- - -], equal 645 silver drachmai, which equal [- - -] at the four drachmai, 695 (copper) drachmai 4 1/2 obols; (and) 6 copper drachmai 1 obol; giving a total of: 701 copper drachmai 5 1/2 obols; remain: 298 drachmai 1/2 obol.
- (2nd hand) And Mikion took 20 minas of wax, 16 (drachmai) 2 obols; and in the 38th year, he has received for '15' minas of wool, 30 drachmai; and what we have guaranteed from Hieron for '15' other minas, 30 drachmai.
- (Verso: vestiges of title or docket)
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 61 Edgar CC, PMich I, 61, 1931 -- BL IV, 55 (lines 17-18). Line 26: read 16 (drachmai) 2 obols, rather than 16 (drachmai). (PH) BL IV, 55 (lines 17-18). Line 26: read 16 (drachmai) 2 obols, rather than 16 (drachmai). (PH)
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- T. Reekmans, CE 30 (1955) p. 373.
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Image Size
- 4608 x 3480
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 3218; Verso". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-1882/3218v_a.tif. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 26, 2022.