P.Mich.inv. 3205 / Verso
About this Item
front | summary (1 items)
front | detail (4 items)
back | summary (1 items)
back | detail (3 items)
- Inventory Number
- P.Mich.inv. 3205
- Processing Number
- Recto + Verso
- Image Side
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto + Verso
- + P.Cair. inv. JdE 51637; Zenon archive
- 15 x 34 cm
- Recto - 30;
- Verso - 1, with a few figures jotted here and there
- Conservation Status
- damaged on the left side
- Ann Arbor
- (About) 242 B.C.
- Unknown place, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- November 1925; Acquired from Brummer
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Memorandum from Menodoros to Zenon, giving an account of goats and kids belonging to Zenon
- Subject Headings
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt.
- Commercial correspondence--Egypt.
- Menodoros (see Pros.Ptol. IV 12128);
- Zenon (son of Agreophon) (see Pros.Ptol. I 80 + add.);
- Zabdis (see Pros.Ptol. IV 12098;
- Epharmostos (son of Agreophon) (see Pros.Ptol. IV 11382; VI 16381);
- Dionysios (see Pros.Ptol. IV 12088);
- Pyrrhos (georgos) (see Pros.Ptol. IV 10449);
- Hermias (aipolos) (see Pros.Ptol. IV 12096);
- (unnamed) 3 Arabes;
- Xenokles, Araps(?) (see Pros.Ptol. IV 12138);
- Iason (son of Kerkion) (see Pros.Ptol. I 130 + add.; IV 10252; V 13450);
- Nikon (see Pros.Ptol. IV 12135);
- Ammonia (see Pros.Ptol. IV 12055);
- Doxaios (see Pros.Ptol. V 14345);
- Glaukias (see Pros.Ptol. V 14185; 14332);
- Glaukias's (unnamed) son;
- Memorandum from Menodoros to Zenon. I was to pay you rent from Pauni [of year 4] to Pachons of year 5, being 12 months, on 120 goats at the rate of 1 1/4 kids for each, making 150 kids. [I have also] 30 young she-goats which I received in addition in the fourth year, not taxed for rent; and from Zabdis I have had from Phamenoth to Pauni, being 4 months, 63 goats from which Epharmostos has 2, leaving 61, and I have also 43 kids; and on the 30th of Mecheir I had from [[Dionysios]] 'Pyrrhos' 55 goats [and] 17 kids, apart from the 10 kids which [. . .] took over; [from] Hermias 90 goats, 60 kids. That makes 356 goats. Of these you have received the goats which you gave out on contract to the Arabs, 100 to Xenokles from Epeiph and 146 others to the 3 Arabs, making 246. There remain in my hand 110 goats, including 30 young she-goats. And of the kids the total is 270, without counting tje 10 new-born. Of these Iason has received 40 kids, which he sold to the retailers, and Nikon 149 which he took over from Ammonia, and there died [] '2 of the kids of Hermias, 5 of those of Zabdis, and 5 of those of Pyrrhos, making 12', whose skins have been received by Doxaios. You yourself have received another 12. To Glaukias we gave 2 on a written order, another 1 to Glaukias, and the son of Glaukias has received 1 and Sostratos another 1, and in Epeiph you have received 32. That makes 250, and there remain 20.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 67 Edgar CC, PMich I, 67, 1931 -- Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 136 (on Epharmostos) Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 136 (on Epharmostos)
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Image Size
- 3480 x 4608
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 3205; Verso". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-1869/3205v_c.tif. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 26, 2022.