P.Mich.inv. 3202 / Verso
About this Item
front | summary (1 items)
front | detail (2 items)
back | summary (1 items)
back | detail (1 items)
- Inventory Number
- P.Mich.inv. 3202
- Processing Number
- Recto + Verso
- Image Side
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto + Verso
- + P.Cair. inv. JdE 51882; Zenon archive
- 9.5 x 23.5 cm (total size: 9.5 x 33 cm, Edgar)
- Recto - 32 (24 on the Michigan fragment);
- Verso - 1
- Conservation Status
- damaged along some folds
- Ann Arbor
- September 18, 247 B.C.
- Unknown place, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- November 1925; Acquired from Brummer
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Letter to Zenon and Epharmostos from Pyrrhos, asking him to admit that he, and not Pyrrhos, owed 240 artabai of wheat to the treasury (on this affair, see Aegyptus 57  p. 101-103)
- Subject Headings
- Tax collection--Egypt.
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt.
- Clothing and dress--Egypt.
- Justice, Administration of--Egypt.
- Letter writing, Greek--Egypt.
- Pyrrhos (georgos) (see Pros.Ptol. IV 10449; Aegyptus 57  p. 101-103);
- Zenon (son of Agreophon) (see Pros.Ptol. I 80 + add.);
- Epharmostos (son of Agreophon) (see Pros.Ptol. IV 11382; VI 16381);
- Etearchos (nomarches) (see Pros.Ptol. I 883 + add. = IV 10080 = IV 12361);
- Theophilos (see Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 342);
- Hermaphilos (oikonomos) (see Pros.Ptol. I 1038 + add.);
- Nikanor (hypodioiketes) (see Pros.Ptol. I 910 + add.)
- Pyrrhos to Zenon and Epharmostos greeting. If you are well, it would be good. I too am in good health. Know that Etearchos has handed me over to the praktor on the 10th of Epeiph and I have written an oath binding myself to bring letters from Zenon to Theophilos and Hermaphilos to the effect that I do not owe either corn or money. I also brought Etearchos before Nikanor about this matter, and Nikanor said that Zenon and not Etearchos is wronging the man. The himation too is being woven, worthy of you both; inquire also of Pyrrhos. And I have given an extra mina of wool from myself. Write therefore in haste about these matters. Farewell. Year 38, Epeiph 30.
- To Zenon.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 58 Edgar CC, PMich I, 58, 1931 -- BL VII, 118 (date) BL VII, 118 (date)
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- P. Pruneti, Aegyptus 57 (1977) p. 102 and n. 1.
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Image Size
- 4608 x 3480
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 3202; Verso". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-1866/3202v_a.tif. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed November 27, 2022.