P.Mich.inv. 3194 / Recto
About this Item
front | summary (1 items)
front | detail (2 items)
back | summary (1 items)
- Inventory Number
- P.Mich.inv. 3194
- Processing Number
- Recto + Verso
- Image Side
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto (written across the fibres) + Verso
- Zenon archive
- 35 x 9.5 cm
- Recto - 3;
- Verso - 2
- Conservation Status
- Palaeographic Description
- Recto written across the fibres
- Ann Arbor
- January 13, 244 (or 245) B.C.
- probably Krokodilon polis (Arsinoiton polis), Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- November 1925; Acquired from Brummer
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Official Letter
- Letter from the Arsinoite oikonomos to his subordinate Eukles, whom he authorizes to buy an amount of lead needed for the coppers of the baths
- Subject Headings
- Baths, Roman--Taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)Roman--Egypt
- Letter writing, Greek--Egypt.
- Arsinoë (Fayy¯um : Extinct city)
- Cities and towns--Officials and employees--Egypt.
- Hermaphilos (oikonomos) (see Pros.Ptol. I 1038 + add.);
- Eukles (epistates & oikonomos) (see Pros.Ptol. I 665 + add.; 1041)
- Hermaphilos to Eukkles greeting. Buy the lead about which you write and use it for the coppers of the bath, likewise for those of the boiling-house.
- To Eukles.
- (Docket of dispatch) About lead.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 65 Edgar CC, PMich I, 65, 1931
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Image Size
- 4608 x 3480
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 3194; Recto". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-1857/3194r_a.tif. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 04, 2023.