P.Mich.inv. 3193 / Verso
About this Item
front | summary (1 items)
front | detail (2 items)
back | summary (1 items)
back | detail (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto (written across the fibres) + Verso
- Zenon archive
- 29 x 13.6 cm
- Recto - 9;
- Verso - 1
- Conservation Status
- damaged in the central part
- Palaeographic Description
- Recto written across the fibres
- Ann Arbor
- October 26, 253 B.C.
- Unknown place, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- November 1925; Acquired from Brummer
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Official Letter
- Letter from Nikobios to the nomarch Maimachos, who has been blamed for his remissness in delivering certain quantities of seed of sesame and corn, and who is asked to state what he has done
- Subject Headings
- Government correspondence--Egypt.
- Cities and towns--Officials and employees--Egypt.
- Farm produce--Egypt.
- Letter writing, Greek--Egypt.
- Report writing.
- Nikobios (see Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 376);
- Maimachos (nomarches) (see Pros.Ptol. I 885 + add.) ;
- Diotimos (hypodioiketes) (see Pros.Ptol. I 28 = 906 = IV 10075)
- Nikobios to Maimachos greeting. I have written below for you a copy of the letter from Diotimos. Be good enough then to write us a statement about the corn and the sesame, showing how much you have measured in towards [the amount agreed on with] him(?), in order that we may send him word in accordance with what he writes. Farewell. Year 33, Thoth 2.
- Diotimos to Nikobios greeting. Seeing that from the time of our departure the nomarchs have been doing nothing right in the measuring of the sesame and the corn, as soon as you receive this letter, if they do not immediately measure out the proper quantity, spare no effort; you will get it measured out if you give personal attention to each locality and compel them. Farewell. Year 33, Mesore 8.
- To Maimachos.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 43 Edgar CC, PMich I, 43, 1931
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Image Size
- 4608 x 3480
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 3193; Verso". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-1856/3193v_a.tif. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 26, 2022.