Background and Physical Properties
- Recto (written across the fibres) + Verso (of P.S.I. VI, 555)
- + P.S.I. VI, 555(?); Zenon-archive
- 12 x 10.5 cm (+ P.S.I. VI, 555: 6.5 x 12 cm)
- Recto - 6 (4 only on P.Mich.inv. 3152);
- Verso - 4
- Conservation Status
- broken off in the middle; upper part much damaged
- Palaeographic Description
- Recto written across the fibres
- Ann Arbor
- February 11, 248 B.C.
- Unknown place, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- July 1925; Acquired from Dr. Kondilios
- Artemidoros, koureus
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Business Letter
- Letter to Zenon(?) from the barber Artemidoros, who writes that he has paid the price of some iron utensils for his business
- Subject Headings
- Commercial ocorrespondence--Egypt.
- Barbershops--Equipment and supplies--Egypt.
- Artemidoros, koureus (see Pros.Ptol. V 13416);
- Zenon(?) (son of Agreophon) (see Pros.Ptol. I 80 + add.);
- Artemidoros, son of Sochares (see Pros.Ptol. IV 9687; V 12733; Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 302);
- [- - -]ax
- Artemidoros, barber, to Zenon(?) greeting. [As] you wrote, I gave to Artemidoros, the son of Sochares and to [- - -] the price of a barber's iron tool, nine drachmai. In order that you know, [- - -] according to the slave [- - -] in order that he can attend us.
- Farewell. Year 37, Apellaios 17, Choiak 21.
- Year 37, Choiak 21. From Artemidoros, barber, to Zenon . . . of iron, 9 drachmai.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 54 Edgar CC, PMich I, 54, 1931 -- BL IX 164 (date); BL X, 128 (bibliography) BL IX 164 (date); BL X, 128 (bibliography) C.Ptol. Sklav. Scholl R 1990 249 Scholl R, C.Ptol. Sklav., 249, 1990
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- E. Grzybek, Du calendrier macédonien au calendrier ptolémaique (Basel, 1990) p. 137; 155; G. Messeri Savorelli - R. Pintaudi, I papiri dell'archivio di Zenon a Firenze = Pap.Flor. XXIV (Firenze, 1993) p. 59 and pl. LI (P.S.I. VI, 555, recto and verso); Reekmans T, CE (2001), 181-183.
- Year Begin
- Year End
26428 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 4608 x 3480
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)