Background and Physical Properties
- Recto (written across the fibres); Verso is blank
- + P.Mich.inv. 3141; Zenon archive
- 7.5 x 6 cm; 11 x 12 cm; 5 x 10 cm
- Conservation Status
- broken off in the middle, with upper right corner missing
- Palaeographic Description
- Recto written across the fibres; same hand as P.Mich. I, 64 (Edgar)
- Ann Arbor
- August 22, 247 B.C.
- Unknown place, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- July 1925; Acquired from Dr. Kondilios
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Two Letters from Spondates
- (Copy of?) two letters from Spondates, who was in difficulties because of the disappearance of some property, perhaps wine from a wineyard
- Subject Headings
- Land tenure--Egypt
- Wine and wine making--Egypt.
- Spondates (see Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 419)
- (Text too fragmentary to be translated).
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 63 Edgar CC, PMich I, 63, 1931
- Year Begin
- Year End
26424 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 3480 x 4608
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)