Background and Physical Properties
- Recto (written across the fibres); Verso is blank (except for an offset of lines 2-7)
- Zenon archive
- 17.2 x 16 cm
- Conservation Status
- broken off and damaged on the left side
- Palaeographic Description
- Recto written across the fibres
- Ann Arbor
- July 5, 257 B.C.
- Unknown place, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- July 1925; Acquired from Dr. Kondilios
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Business Letter
- Letter probably written to Zenon, concerning awnings, which will have to be paid to the account of the Crown and which were probably for two boats and a tent (see P.Cair.Zen. I, 59053-59054; P.S.I. V, 533)
- Subject Headings
- Commercial correspondence--Egypt.
- Complaints (Civil procedure)--Egypt.
- Finance, Public--Accounting--Egypt.
- [Zenon(?) (son of Agreophon) (see Pros.Ptol. I 80 + add.)]
- [- - - to Zenon greeting. Of the] four awnings which were ordered on contract [. . .] three are now finished, quite plain, [two of them . . cubits long and] 4 broad, and the third 61 cubits long [and . . broad. We will bring them down] in our Kasiote boat [and you should pay the price of them] to the account of the Crown; for they say that this is how [we should settle]. They were [contracted] for here at 80 drachmai each. Attend to this matter [then as soon as you have time], in order that [. . .] may not accuse me of negligence. Farewell. Year 29, Pachons 13.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 17 Edgar CC, PMich I, 17, 1931 -- BL VIII, 220 (line 4) BL VIII, 220 (line 4)
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- 4608 x 3480
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)