Background and Physical Properties
- Recto (written across the fibres); Verso is blank (except for an offset of lines 2-7)
- Zenon archive
- 17.2 x 16 cm
- Conservation Status
- broken off and damaged on the left side
- Palaeographic Description
- Recto written across the fibres
- Ann Arbor
- July 5, 257 B.C.
- Unknown place, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- July 1925; Acquired from Dr. Kondilios
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Business Letter
- Letter probably written to Zenon, concerning awnings, which will have to be paid to the account of the Crown and which were probably for two boats and a tent (see P.Cair.Zen. I, 59053-59054; P.S.I. V, 533)
- Subject Headings
- Commercial correspondence--Egypt.
- Complaints (Civil procedure)--Egypt.
- Finance, Public--Accounting--Egypt.
- [Zenon(?) (son of Agreophon) (see Pros.Ptol. I 80 + add.)]
- [- - - to Zenon greeting. Of the] four awnings which were ordered on contract [. . .] three are now finished, quite plain, [two of them . . cubits long and] 4 broad, and the third 61 cubits long [and . . broad. We will bring them down] in our Kasiote boat [and you should pay the price of them] to the account of the Crown; for they say that this is how [we should settle]. They were [contracted] for here at 80 drachmai each. Attend to this matter [then as soon as you have time], in order that [. . .] may not accuse me of negligence. Farewell. Year 29, Pachons 13.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 17 Edgar CC, PMich I, 17, 1931 -- BL VIII, 220 (line 4) BL VIII, 220 (line 4)
- Year Begin
- Year End
26424 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 4608 x 3480
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)