Background and Physical Properties
- Recto (written across the fibres) + Verso
- Archive of Panakestor (Zenon archive)
- Conservation Status
- The clay sealing is preserved.
- Palaeographic Description
- Recto written across the fibres
- Ann Arbor
- November 7, 257 B.C.
- Unknown place, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- November 1925; Acquired from Brummer
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Business Letter
- Letter from Zoilos(?) to Panakestor, concerning some quantity of hay seed, that he has perhaps delivered to Panakestor's agent, and black poppy seed that he will send him if he can find it
- Subject Headings
- Letter writing, Greek--Egypt.
- Cities and towns--Officials and employees--Egypt.
- Farm produce--Transportation--Egypt.
- [Zoilos(?)] (oikonomos) (see Pros.Ptol. I 1045 + add.);
- Panakestor (son of Antipatros) (see Pros.Ptol. I 100 + add.);
- Kleitarchos (see Pros.Ptol. I 132 = 1483 + add.; Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 353 ?)
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
- Year Begin
- Year End
26433 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)