P.Mich.inv. 3126 / Verso
About this Item
front | summary (1 items)
front | detail (2 items)
back | summary (1 items)
back | detail (1 items)
- Inventory Number
- P.Mich.inv. 3126
- Processing Number
- Recto + Verso
- Image Side
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto (written across the fibres) + Verso
- Zenon archive
- 32 x 6.5 cm
- Recto - 4;
- Verso - 2
- Conservation Status
- complete; damaged on the right and left sides
- Palaeographic Description
- Recto written across the fibres
- Ann Arbor
- June 17, 257 B.C. (received July 11, 257 B.C.)
- Memphis, Memphite nome, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- July 1925; Acquired from Dr. Kondilios
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Business Letter
- Letter from Nikon(?) to Zenon
- Subject Headings
- Commercial correspondence--Egypt.
- Wool--Egypt--Philadelphia (Extinct city)
- Nikon(?) (see Pros.Ptol. I 98 + add.; Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 377);
- Zenon (son of Agreophon) (see Pros.Ptol. I 80 + add.);
- Bia (see Pros.Ptol. V 12742)
- [Nikon] to Zenon greeting. Bia is asking for the two rams' fleeces which you left behind for making yarn. Write to us therefore if they are to be given to her. For she said that she is in need of woollen yarn and is behindhand for that reason. And indeed I had written to you about this before. Farewell. Year 29, Pharmouthi 25.
- To Zenon.
- (upside down, on the right) About fleeces(?).
- (Docket, 2nd hand) Nikon(?) about two fleeces, asking if they are to be given to Bia. (Received) year 29, Daisios 11.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 16 Edgar CC, PMich I, 16, 1931 -- BL IX, 164 (bibliography) BL IX, 164 (bibliography) C.ptol.Sklav. II Scholl R 1990 204 Scholl R, C.ptol.Sklav. II, 204, 1990
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Image Size
- 4608 x 3480
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 3126; Verso". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-1815/3126v_a.tif. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 07, 2023.