Background and Physical Properties
- Recto (+ Verso of P.Cair. inv. JdE 48500)
- + P.Cair. inv. unknown (see Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 75); Zenon archive
- whole size: 32 x 10 cm (Edgar); P.Mich.inv. 3123 only: 16.3 x 10.7 cm
- Conservation Status
- broken off on the left side; a few letters missing between the 2 fragments
- Ann Arbor
- (About) 257 B.C.
- unknown place, Egypt(?)
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- July 1925; Acquired from Dr. Kondilios
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Official Letter
- Letter sent by an employee of an agent of the admiral Kallikrates to the dioiketes Apollonios, requesting payment of certain sums for the tax devoted to the upkeep of the navy (trierarchema)
- Subject Headings
- Government correspondence--Egypt.
- Tax collection--Egypt.
- [Apollonios], dioiketes (see Pros. Ptol. I 16 + add.);
- Zoilos, ho para [- - -]ontos ..., logeutes tou trierarchematos (see Pros. Ptol. I 100);
- [- - -]on, ho para Kallikratous
- Kallikrates (nauarchos) (see Pros. Ptol. VI 14607);
- Deinon (see Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 311)
- [To Apollonios] the dioiketes greeting from Zoilos, agent of [- - -]on, agent of Kallikrates, collector of the [navy tax] (trierarchema). Kallikrates wrote to me to remind you about the navy tax (trierarchema) which [- - -] Oromachos and Deinon. Kallikrates [wrote] also to you to pay [- - -] for the 28th year 570 drachmai, so that the total is 1,140 drachmai. If it please you then, [pay us that sum]. May you prosper.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 100 Edgar CC, PMich I, 100, 1931
- Year Begin
- Year End
26424 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 4608 x 3480
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)