Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- Zenon archive
- 11 x 33.5 cm
- Conservation Status
- Palaeographic Description
- paragraphoi are inserted at the left in a rather random way, so that they cannot be regarded as a safe guide to punctuation
- Ann Arbor
- 252-251 B.C.
- Unknown place (Philadelpheia?), Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- July 1925; Acquired from Dr. Kondilios
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Memorandum addressed to Zenon concerning the gardeners and the work which was going on in the park belonging to the estate of Apollonios
- Subject Headings
- Commercial correspondence--Egypt.
- Debtor and creditor--Egypt.
- Irrigation engineering--Egypt.
- Zenon (son of Agreophon) (see Pros.Ptol. I 80 + add.);
- Ptolemaios (grammateus) (see Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 409);
- Petimouthes (kepouros) (see Pros.Ptol. IV 10419) & (unnamed) sons;
- Menandros (kepouros) (see Pros.Ptol. IV 10292);
- Agathon (kepouros) (see Pros.Ptol. IV 10109);
- Stotoetis (kepouros) (see Pros.Ptol. IV 10489);
- Nechthosiris (kepouros) (see Pros.Ptol. IV 10304 = 10309);
- Diodoros (kepouros) (see Pros.Ptol. IV 10188);
- Onnophris (kepouros) (see Pros.Ptol. IV 10336)
- Menorandum to Zenon. Concerning the gardeners, order Ptolemaios to find out from the accounts what they owe us from the 33rd year, or what they owe Panos, in order that they make a contract with us and remaining with us without fail may finish the works. Seeing that it is necessary for you to spend money finishing the works in the orchard, take guarantees from these people. When the orchard is worked over, I will also prune it. Petimouthes and his sons will work the part assigned to them, and I will give him anything extra that he may need. Concerning Menandros and Agathon, the following will work at the trees and water-channels, Stotoetis, Nechthosiris, and Diodoros; for these we will set aside a sum from which payments will have to be made to them. Onnophris will do the olive-grove in the orchard.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 45 Edgar CC, PMich I, 45, 1931 -- L. 14: read: hos d'an instead of: hos an (PH). L. 14: read: hos d'an instead of: hos an (PH).
- Year Begin
- Year End
26424 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 3480 x 4608
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)